Requirements for Working in the '92 Theater
- Everyone intending to work in the ‘92 Theater must be trained properly on the equipment by the manager of the ‘92 Theater. This training must occur every semester.
- No one may work alone in the ‘92 Theater.
- An approximate work schedule must be submitted to the Buildings and Maintenance Liaison, the Lights and Riggings Liaison, and the Manager of the ‘92 before any work may occur. The BML, LRL, and ‘92 Manager must be kept informed of any changes to this schedule.
- No one may work in the ‘92 theater under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Close toed shoes and proper safety equipment must be worn at all times. For example, when using a drill safety glasses must be worn.
Note: There are no exceptions to this policy.
Consequence for violating with this policy:
If an individual or show is found to have violated this policy, a flag will be issued based on the extremity of the violation. The flag, and any consequence associated with the flag, will be decided upon by the Liaisons and the Manager of the ‘92 in conjunction with Staff.
Second Stage also reserves the right to refuse to train individuals who violate this policy in the scene shop, costume shop, or on lighting equipment.
Work- Work in this context refers to the use of any 92 equipment that could be reasonably construed as a safety risk
Manager of the ‘92- This refers to the faculty member responsible for the ‘92 theater and Second Stage. Currently, this person is Rebecca Foster, whose contact information can be found here.
Notice regarding Second Stage Policy:
Second Stage always attempts to best serve the needs of the Wesleyan theater community. Thus, Second Stage policy is considered fluid- it may be altered or amended at any time as the needs of the Wesleyan theater community grow and change. Second Stage pledges to always attempt to give a show time to adjust after the adoption of a new policy. Whenever possible, Second Stage will attempt to grandfather shows into new policy, such that only shows whose show flow date follows the effective date of a policy are required to follow said policy. Shows whose show flow date precedes the effective date of a policy have the option of following the new policy or remaining with the earlier policy.